11/30/2014

Little Big Internet

And so I just saw that there was already a translation thread going on... I think that there were 3 chapters already done there.
As I'm doing it primarily for my own education, I plan on continuing the translation, as long as I can, so don't worry :)

By the way, I wanted to talk about how I decided to handle Japanese numerous untranslatable words, like -san, ne, etc. I think the audience is quite familiar with them already, so instead of being lost in translation, I'll add them as long as:
- they add something to the story.
- they have no equivalent in English.

See you for the next chapter!

13 comments:

  1. yeah, 3 chapters, prologue, ch 1 and ch 2 so you only got behind by 1 chapter

    cannot you work together with that person?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've contacted him, I don't know if he/she still wants to translate that WN. Anyway I'll carry on translating, because as I said, I do that for my own education.

      Delete
  2. from the look of it he will continue to translate it hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep translate please. I prefer your site. Because it's dark background. It's good for my eyes. Huahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. pls continue with it.....don't leave us(leechers) hanging and begging for more by releasing just a couple of chapters then suddenly dropping it...pls :'(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to thank you for translating this :P I really love to read now thanks to these stories :D Wished I took Japanese instead of Chinese :(.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Either way, Just here to say Thank You for the translation ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly your translations are of much higher quality.

    Thanks for the time and effort you have put into translating this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kindly remind you to not upload your job on Google docs, because I'm not gonna visit your site again for I can refresh my g drive every day. Hahahaha. Just kidding. But please dont

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you should make a foot note for those untranslatable words just in case for someone who doesn't understand jap

    example : nii-sama = Big bro

    ReplyDelete
  10. to be honest i think your translation is much more readeable than the other one

    ReplyDelete
  11. it seems his chapter 3 is your chapter 2.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is no numbering in the original WN. I chose prologue as the chapter "0".

      Delete